WE TEACH - YOU LEARN TO RIDE
We specialise in teaching people to ride from beginners to more experienced riders who wish to further their skills. We have superb staff and volunteers, a unique friendly atmosphere and offer a genuine individual personal service
The Riding School is approved both by the British Horse Society and the Association of British Riding Schools
Sunday, 13 September 2015
10.30am to 4pm
'HOOF take back the reins day'
Ever thought of giving horse riding a go? Then this day is for you.
We have teamed up with the British Equestrian Federation as part of national sport week, To give adults the opportunity to to come along for a horse and riding experience - a FREE taster riding session is available on Sunday, 13 September 2015.
Places are limited and bookings are already being taken by telephone, so to book your place or for more details call Patsy on (020) 8546 3616
SUMMER HOLIDAY ACTIVITIES 2015
We have a wide selection of activities available throughout the summer holidays. Please visit the activities page for full details.
Charity News - 2nd June 2015
Summer Fun Open Day Report
Barnfield Riding School, Kingston held its first open day raising funds for Barnfield riding for the disabled and ‘The smartie fund’ raising a huge £1400
As a totally self funded charity Barnfield RDA is reliant on donations and on- going fund raising efforts of their volunteers , It costs over £20,000 per year to run the facility and in addition to this target they are now fundraising for a new horse to look after the disabled.
Smartie is a gentle horse who spent years providing children and adults with disabilities the chance to ride and experience the freedom of being on a horse, improving their physical skills and coordination as well as emotional and relationship building skills. Smartie has now retired and is happily eating grass.
The Mayor and Lady Mayoress of Kingston were informed that this local charity needed support to raise funds to continue offering this invaluable facility and immediately kindly agreed to attend the open day.
Want to, help with fundraising or volunteering? Have a go at riding or improve your riding? Come to to meet the horses? Everybody is welcome to visit or find details at barnfieldriding.org or telephone 020 8546 3616
Kew College adopted Barnfield RDA as their charity for 2014/2015
David Thomas, Chairman of Barnfield RDA attended School assembly this morning (2/6/2015) and was presented with a cheque for £8000.00
Barnfield Junior Academy
Pony Club Evening - Tuesdays
New to Barnfield Riding is our Junior Academy
Learning how to own and care for your own pony - leading to a horse care certificate. Extra activities will include academy pony days during the school holidays.
The Junior Academy started in June and runs on Tuesdays from 4.30pm - 6.00pm (1½ hours) at a cost of £30 per session. Suitable for ages: 6 - 15 years places will be limited so if you are interested in your child taking part please contact: Patsy or Jacquie at Barnfield Riding School.
- Our group lessons have a maximum of four riders thereby ensuring your riding progresses quickly & they're probably the best value around Richmond Park
- We have wonderful hacking just a stones throw away - in Richmond Park and on Ham and Wimbledon Commons.
- Hard hats and back protectors are available for hire.
- Long rides are available regularly, and extra long rides on Bank Holidays. These can also be arranged for other times by appointment
- Regular group rides mix work and pleasure. Generally you spend a month working in the arena improving your style, then the next out hacking, enjoying the pleasure of the park. Book in for your regular time each week.
- Courses and Competitions are held regularly for adults and children
- Pony days and pony weeks for children are held during the school holidays
- We have a very active Riding for the Disabled Group based at Barnfield. Discounts are offered to disabled riders. To pay for this we hold fund-raising events throughout the year.
Telephone for more
020 8546 3616
Ask for a brochure Or pop in to visit us